Sunday, August 29, 2010

Why My Cell Phones Suck

Ok.
So I have the Palm Centro Blue. A mighty fine blue smartphone that did essentially everything I needed. So as you may have guessed, I was pretty excited when I got it as a FREE hand-me-down from my grandparents.

NOTE TO ALL: it pays to have grandparents who aren't afraid of advancements in technology.

So, there I am, enjoying my cellohonular (yes, it is a word in my mind) life, when all of the sudden I receive a call. My sound on/off switch is set to on. And my phone makes absolutely no sound. I start to panic. I flip the on/off switch around a bit (major understatement by the way) and try performing a soft reboot. And the sound still refuses to work. So i go online only to discover that Palm's technical support (similar to that of Apple and Dell) sucks majorly.

I haven't gotten the phone fixed or replaced for say, 2 years. (who am I kidding... Give or take) So I got really excited when my grandparents called to let me know they were shipping me a Blackberry Curve.

It comes in the mail. Yay!

Then we call up Verizon to switch phones. And they kindly let us know that in order to use a BlackBerry phone, you are also charged a $30 data cost. (monthly, FYI)

I was very disappointed, although I now use the phone as a very snazzy PDA. (Thank you to the gods of Wi-Fi)

So that's why my phone sucks. Does yours? Leave a comment telling me about your crappy phone. Or if your feeling mean, leave a comment about how your phone rocks. But if you do I will blog bad about you! No I'm just kidding. I want to know.

Needing a Rockin' Cell Phone,
BirthdayBoyBikeJack

No comments:

Post a Comment